1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I could not finish this! I watched the movie and thought meh then I really pushed myself to read it and I just can’t.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
The Divergent trilogy. I am unsure if the series is hated but a lot of people really did not like it, I LOVED IT.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
Paradise series by CJ Duggan. You can tell at the start of Paradise Road who she will end up with but I kept reading and kept praying that she chose differently.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Horror. If you know me you know I am such a sook so I don’t get into horror, it makes me tense.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter. I can’t really explain this, I know she is supposed to be badass and that’s why her and Harry end up together. I don’t like her character and I think her and Harry are a bad match.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Shakespeare. I know so many people rave about his work but as I am illiterate I find it so so difficult to read
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I don’t know if it counts as a trope but miscommunication in YA relationships. Does no one know how to communicate!? Talk to people, not hard.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Hunger Games. I cop so much shit for this because it is dystopian like Divergent so I should love it. I have zero interest in reading it, I saw parts of the first movie and didn’t like that either so.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
As much as I love the illustrations in the books, Winnie the Pooh is that much cuter when you hear the voices of the characters.
So my 2017 reading goals are actually pretty simple. My goodreads goal is to read 50 books this year, start small. 2017 will be the year of re read., I feel I need to read Harry Potter and the Chronicles of Narnia this year, along with other books I have already read but years ago.
Also this year I will listen to some Audiobooks, as I have never listened to a book. I may start small with Tom Delonge narrating the Lonely Astronaut on Christmas Eve.